Flight Aware Flight Trackers
Passur Flight Trackers
FEDERAL AVIATION ADMINISTRATION
- Anthony F. Fazio, Director, Office of RulemakingARM-1, Federal Aviation Administration
Avenue, SW., Washington, DC 20591;
telephone (202) 267-9677
- Comments Hotlinevia website comment option at www.faa.gov
Or by mail at 800 Independence Ave. SW, Washington, D.C. 20591
Telephone 866-TELL-FAA (866-835-5322)
- Project Manager of Airspace Redesign
Mr. Steve Kelly C/o Michael Merrill
12005 Sunrise Valley Road
Reston, VA 20191
US FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
- Office of the President of the United States
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500
Use GovTrack to find your representatives in the US Congress and Senate
NEW YORK ELECTED OFFICIALS
- U.S. Senator Charles Schumer
Or by regular mail at 313 Hart Building, Washington, D.C. 20510
Telephone: 202-224-6542; Fax: 202-228-3027
- New York State Assembleyman Richard L. Brodsky
92nd Assemble District for Mt. Pleasant and Greenburgh
via email at website assembly.state.ny.us
Or by mail to LOB 422, Albany, NY 12248;
- Westchester County Legislator Susan Swanson
Or by mail Westchester County Board of Legislature,
148 Martine Ave., White Plains, NY 10601;
- Westchester County Executive Andrew Spano email@example.com
- Westchester County Deputy Commissioner of Transportation Henry J. Stanton firstname.lastname@example.org
- Westchester County Environmental Project Director for HPN Robert Funicello email@example.com
- Greenburgh Town Supervisor Paul Feiner firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mount Pleasant Town Supervisor Robert Meehan email@example.com
- Mount Pleasant Westchester County Airport Advisory Board Rep Peter DeMilio firstname.lastname@example.org
- Westchester County Airport Noise Abatement Officer John Inserra email@example.com
Selected List of Organizations
- The Aviation Environment Forum works closely with local, national and international decision-makers to achieve the objective of a sustainable, equitable and accountable aviation industry, having representation on UK Government and European Commission working groups and observer status to the environmental committee of the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO).
- The Airfields Environment Trust UK works to promote a real understanding of the effects of aviation both locally and internationally and to explore ways in which pollution and other adverse effects can be reduced.
- Aviation Watch UK Member of the Aviation Environment Federation; has good publications.
- The Alliance of Residents Concerning O’Hare is one of most established citizens groups with a very informative website.
- Aviation Noise The National Organization to Insure a Sound-Controlled Environment (NOISE) is non-profit association of local governments and others that advocates noise abatement policies that are both responsible and acceptable to all parties involved.
- Save Rockland Airspace (Quiet Rockland)
Policy Makers and Think Tanks
The National Research Council is the operating arm of the National Academy of Sciences, National Academy of Engineering, and the Institute of Medicine of the National Academies, chartered by Congress in 1863 to advise the government on matters of science and technology.
Air Traffic Controllers Association
Aeronautical Maps of NY/NJ area
Organizations for Sustainable development
- The Natural Resources Defense Council is engaged in general environmental activism. It published an outstanding report in 1996 entitled “Flying Off Course: Environmental Impacts of Americas Airports”.
- BloomingVision is a livable community network that raises awareness about city and county planning issues and encourages participation in public input meetings
- The Sustainable Energy Coalition brings together more than 30 national business, environmental, consumer, and energy policy organizations. Founded in 1992, the Coalition promotes increased federal support for energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies and reduced federal support for unsafe or polluting energy resources.
- The Ethical Globalization Initiative seeks to integrate human rights norms and standards into a more ethical globalization process and to support local and national human rights capacity building efforts using the New Partnership for Africa's Development (NEPAD) as a case study.
- The goal of the International Forum on Globalization is twofold: (1) Expose the multiple effects of economic globalization in order to stimulate debate, and (2) Seek to reverse the globalization process by encouraging ideas and activities which revitalize local economies and communities, and ensure long term ecological stability. Representing over 60 organizations in 25 countries, the International Forum on Globalization associates come together out of a shared concern that the world's corporate and political leadership is undertaking a restructuring of global politics and economics that may prove as historically significant as any event since the Industrial Revolution. This restructuring is happening at tremendous speed, with little public disclosure of the profound consequences affecting democracy, human welfare, local economies, and the natural world.
- Reconnecting America for integrated or intermodal transportation system in the USA.